mandag 15. desember 2008

On the road again

Germany, officially the Federal Republic of Germany (German: Bundesrepublik Deutschland, is a country in Central Europe and Danubian Europe. The territory of Germany covers 357,021 square kilometers and is influenced by a temperate seasonal climate. With over 82 million inhabitants, it has the largest population of any member state of the European Union and is home to the third-largest number of international migrants worldwide.

Okay... blaaaaah, to the important stuff.

Germany has about 1250 breweries offering more than 5000 different beer brands - as a traveller interested in the soul of the place i'm visiting I will definitely check this out.

There are over 1,500 types of sausages - will of course try this as well.

Germany is the home of the world-famous garden-gnome. In the mid 1800s, the first garden gnomes were made in Thuringia, Germany. They have spread via central and northern Europe as far as America and Australia and have admirers in all four corners of the world - Exactly, they are invading the world, I always said so but nobody ever believed me, and here it is black on white, heeeelp, I might not return for Christmas, to my family: I love you, if I'm not back the 23rd - sue the gnomes.

Germany is a leader in garbage separation. More than 80 % of paper and glass is recycled. The problem is that each state has a different set of rules on this matter - wow, amazing, I'm actually going to this place! (Søffis, I promise to do research)

Many great philosophers of the world, like Kant, Hegel, Schopenhauer, Nietzsche and Heidegger, were German - and I guess they like visitors of this kind as well, anyway...

Germany here I come!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar